“Sally Sells the Show!”

Lucas & Kimmie                                                                                                             3/11/2019

Sally Sells the Show!!!

BREAK A LEG!!!” Woodbury Heights welcomes, “Sally Sells Seashells, And You Can Too!” The school play was a big production, and included a lot of dedication from the cast and crew. The 2019 play was the school’s third annual production. In the past, the school has performed: “We are Monsters” and “Giants in the Sky.” This year 38 students performed as actors and 12 students worked as Stage Crew members for the play.

The administrative staff has all returned for the third year, including Mr. Chuck Gill as the Artistic Director, Mr. Menson Banas as the Musical Director, Ms. Kate as the Dance Choreographer, Mrs. Wells as the Stage Manager, and Mrs. Rochelle Selby as the Set Designer. The play opened to a nearly sold-out crowd on Friday, March 22nd at 7:00 p.m. The second and third shows were March 23rd at 11:30AM and 2:30PM.   

There were many hours put into this production from the beginning to the end. In the beginning, the auditions took place on the 9th and 10th of January, 2019. Following auditions, roles were announced and the actors began preparing for practice.. The next week, the rehearsals took place every Tuesday – Thursday they had a rehearsal until 4:45pm which was about an hour and a half long. Throughout the duration of the play, rehearsals became longer and longer until they lasted until  6:00 p.m., which was about three hours of acting. Although that is a long time for students in third through sixth grades, they wanted it to be a good play, so they worked hard the entire time. It really took the kids a lot of dedication to bring that wonderful show to the stage.

The school plays are so important to the school, and there are many parents, teachers, and students who come in to help prepare the backdrops, stage accessories, and props. The play demonstrates a great example of Woodbury Heights coming together to help out as different groups working together, donating, and supporting the play, as well as showing off what can happen when a whole school works together, to make something spectacular!

Woodbury Heights has worked so hard for so long to make this play so great. 50 amazingly talented students have given up their own time to put on this show! Everyone who is in the play has worked countless hours three days a week, resulting in 50 proud students confidently performing in front of a large crowd.