Fortnite gaining more and more players everyday

Will D., Editor

Fortnite is one of most popular games in the world. There are more than 125 million players from all the platforms. It is so popular that more than 40 million people join the game every month! Fortnite is a survival action game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, and Mac. There’s also a mobile version of the popular battle royale mode that lets portable players engage with and play against console and PC gamers. Fortnite: Battle Royale pits up to 100 players against each other in solo, duo, or up to four-player squads to see who can survive the longest against each other in an ever-shrinking map.This survival-action game is a bit like what you would get if you combined a sandbox-building game like Minecraft with an action shooter like Call of Duty. The game has a cartoonish style, and the violence, while persistent, isn’t bloody or particularly gory, even though you’re using melee weapons and firearms to eliminate opponents.

The game does push players to make additional in-game purchases to acquire many cosmetic items, objects, and celebratory animations, though they’re not required to play. Save the World is the traditional solo campaign in the game Fortnite. Unlike in Battle Royale, where players compete against each other, players in the Save the World mode are survivors of an apocalyptic storm where the few remaining humans must band together to defeat creepy zombie-like creatures called “husks.” During the game, players collect weapons, build safe structures, and try to avoid the storm that damages all players outside of a safe zone.  

Image result for picture of fortnite

Some kids aren’t only playing Fortnite — they’re watching other people, including celebrities like Drake, play it on Twitch. Twitch is a social media platform for gamers where they can live-stream themselves playing popular video games, including Fortnite. Live-streaming can be unpredictable, so make sure to check out which gamers kids are watching, and if kids say they want to live-stream themselves, carefully consider the risks.

The current cost of the full Fortnite is $39.99, although the developer, Epic Games, has suggested it will make that version of the game free-to-play sometime in 2018 as well. Common Sense recommends Fortnite for teens 13 and up, primarily because of the open chat and action violence.

1 Comment

One Response to “Fortnite gaining more and more players everyday”

1. Will D on October 12th, 2018 1:35 pm

I have some good pictures thanks to Justin and Miss.Harkins

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fortnite gaining more and more players everyday

Showcase

Ronaldo vs Messi: Who is Better?

News

Home and School Association Helps Heights

Showcase

MLB Logo

News

Dot’s Homemade Ice Cream Shop Opening!

Student Life

Pennies For Patients

Entertainment

How to Get the Perfect Photo

school

Haunted Trails

Entertainment

NBA 2K19

Poetry Corner

What Bacon Does To Your Dog

• Entertainment

The history of Memes!