Pennies For Patients

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pennies For Patients

Aubrey K., Event Reporter

Pennies for Patients is a cause for cancer. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world’s largest nonprofit health organization dedicated to finding cures for people that have blood cancers. The students series Pennies for Patients program helps raise money to help fund research for therapy that saves the lives of patients that have blood cancer. Students will also learn about service, leadership, and philanthropy.  These are important to learn; students need to now how to be leaders and how to work with other people and other kids.

This is a very easy and fun way to raise money and help patients with these terrible diseases. Pennies for Patients is a great thing to bring to the children’s attention. This project shows that kids are strong and they need to keep fighting for what they want, even if they feel discouraged. All of you students can join to help find the cure for the Leukemia and Lymphoma. Go to the website How to Participate and read and fill out the form and you will get an email to confirm that you signed up.

Pennies for Patients is  a fundraising event where children bring home flyers from their school and a little box to fill with coins and money. You can set-up a web page online so anybody can send you money from anywhere in the world. When raising money, you can collect prizes for example rings, shirts, charms and bracelets.

It is a great idea for you to join the Pennies for Patients project, it is quick and easy. The great thing about this idea is that it doesn’t cost a lot of money – donors can submit as much or as little money as they’d would like.