Swinging Spring Concert 2018

Veronica M., news

The Spring Concert at Woodbury Heights Elementary School was a smashing success. Woodbury Heights Elementary School’s (WHES) spring concert was held on May 16th. The superstar students of fourth, fifth, and sixth grades were playing their hearts out with music and chimes and singing till there hearts soared.There were over a 100 guests in attendance to watch the students at Woodbury Heights Elementary School.

Chorus sang hit songs, including “We are the Champions” and “American Tears” as well as some lesser known songs like “Me and My Screen” from WHES’ musical, “Giants in the Sky”. Cadet Chimes performed “Havana” and “Ode to Joy” and Concert Chimes played the “Mii Channel” music and the Philadelphia Eagles Fight song. Meanwhile, Cadet Band played “Mozart Melody” and “Skip to my Lou” and concert Band played “Rey’s theme song” from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Gonna Fly Now” from “Rocky”.

Students have shared different opinions on whether or not performing is difficult. Sophia M. and Matt C., students at WHES, said that it is not hard to be in Chorus, Band, or Chimes. Meanwhile, Shea S. says that it is hard to be in Chorus, Band, or Chimes, but that it is worth it. Several students also explained that it can cause them to be nervous before going out to perform. They also shared that there are both easy and difficult songs that they perform, making it understandable when mistakes have been made.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Swinging Spring Concert 2018”

1. Will D on June 13th, 2018 1:27 pm

good job

2. Taylor on June 18th, 2018 1:40 pm

Awesome V

3. Emily A on June 19th, 2018 1:34 pm

Amazing job! <3

4. Emily A on June 19th, 2018 1:35 pm

you did a really good job, I love it <3

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Swinging Spring Concert 2018